Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Finding the Write Company



I am not an otaku. But I admit that I am a fan of Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Mahou Sensei Negima, Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai Deeper Kyo, RAVE, Dai No Daiboken, Eyeshield21, Black Cat, Full Metal Alchemist, Psyren, Full Metal Panic, Yugi-Oh, The Breaker, Bloody Monday, Eden No Ori, Death Note, The World God Only Knows, Kekkaishi, Katekyou Hitman Reborn, Prince of Tennis, Soul Eater, D.Grayman, Noblesse, Shaman King, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, Busou Renkin, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Break Blade, Detective Conan, Hunter X Hunter, Yureka...


And of course, there's Bakuman.




At first glance, this particular manga may not seem that interesting. I mean, a manga about a mangaka (or manga author/artist) in a quest of making a manga that can be turned into an anime? (Talk about Inception hahhaha!) But the charm of the story is how human nature and its ideals somehow unravels with each chapter.


Particularly in the latest story arcs, the central theme resonated with the message of rival friendships. It details about the simple complexity the rival/friend/peer relationship among mangakas, and how they continuously spurred one another (both intentionally and unintentionally) to become better in what they do.


I am a very competitive person; however, I do not consider myself particularly driven by competition or rivalry. Rather, like the protagonists of Bakuman, there is a subconscious inspiration that encourages and challenges me to strive beyond what I am comfortable with, and to strain myself towards achieving my own pinnacle of excellence.

It reminds me of this Bible proverb:
"Just as iron sharpens iron, friends sharpen the minds of each other." Proverbs 27:17 CEV
Having attended the recently-concluded Christian bloggers fellowship (for background story, read Randy's narrative about it instead), somehow I thank God that the dying ember of my passion for writing somehow got reignited - not just because of the challenge of being 'one of them', but more of the desire to keep up with every one of our fellows. I'm glad I was able to be there at the FEBC thingie, and I do hope to have more crazy coffee conversations with everyone :D


To the rest of the Christian bloggers, LET'S KEEP DOING WHAT IS WRITE! XD


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment