Monday, March 29, 2010

Repainting the Writer's Block

After weeks of procrastination, I finally spent hours pimping up this blog site of mine today. And it makes me wonder, "Why the heck did I not do it sooner?"

I'm feeling euphoric lately with the rush of ideas to write about. In fact, I want to write about so many things that I usually end up writing about nothing at all. Like now.

As they say, too much of something is hazardous to one's self. And too many concepts fighting over your mind's priority list is just about as crazy as being unable to think of anything to write about at all. Just like the proverbial dead-end: it can either be a blank wall, or a wall of thugs grinning and waiting to pounce on you. Either way, you're dead.

Guess that's about the same with pretty much everything in our life: cramming for the holidays, planning for the summer, preparing for job and business opportunities... heck, there's so much we can do when we start to realize that there is so much we can do. And knowing that you could do so much more sometimes makes us do less after all - being paralyzed by the sheer ecstasy of the thought. Or rationality and practicality seizes control, and you end up with another day wasted.

But then, just like my much-delayed layout-fixing task, you just have to start doing it. And enjoying it. What's the point of doing everything yet enjoying nothing, when you can just do anything and at least reflect at the end of the day that you enjoyed something?

Wish I can say the same with my love life. Ha ha ha. I think I'm gonna procrastinate a bit more in that area.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment